When accessing a message in the Secure Reader, users may occasionally encounter an error during verification as Virtru verification emails are for one-time use, have expirations, and are both browser and device specific.
One such error asks users to open the verification link in a different browser. Users encounter this error when switching browsers (including switching between a desktop version and a mobile app version of a browser).
Steps to Troubleshoot
If the above error is encountered, users should:
- Select the Copy Link option or manually copy the provided URL.
- Navigate to the indicated browser.
- Open the link.
If the message still does not open, it is suggested to restart the verification process from scratch:
- Delete all verification emails from email@example.com and/or verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each "X" being a digit).
- Click Unlock Message in the original email from the sender.
- Select or enter the applicable email address that received the secure message.
- If prompted, use the Or sign-in with a one-time verification link verification option.
- Open this new verification email on the same device and browser from which it was requested.