This article covers how to troubleshoot issues receiving Virtru verification emails. These issues arise as a part of the standard Secure Reader verification process, which this article describes in detail: Read a Virtru Encrypted Email without Virtru Installed.
Steps to Troubleshoot
Virtru verification links are sent by verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each "X" being a digit) and Virtru verification codes are delivered by email@example.com. If the email has not landed in your main Inbox within 5-10 minutes, there are a few other areas to check:
- Check any Spam, Junk, and/or Promotions folders.
- If the email is not in any other folders, then the email is likely stuck in an external quarantine.
- If you are using a business email address, please contact your internal IT administrators to check any mail filters or quarantine. We also suggest requesting that your IT admins allow or unblock emails from the virtru.com domain to ensure the issue doesn't happen again.
If you are using a personal email address (such as gmail.com or yahoo.com) we recommend checking your spam settings to see if these messages are automatically being deleted or withheld. Here is where you can check these settings in some of the most common mail platforms:
- Gmail: Gmail marks valid email messages as spam
- Yahoo!: Yahoo Mail Safety Guide, Manage spam and mailing lists in Yahoo Mail
- Cox: Cox Email Settings
- EarthLink: How to Adjust Your spamBlocker Settings In EarthLink Web Mail
- MSN: Change the level of protection in the Junk Email Filter
- Hotmail: How to Change the Spam Filters in Hotmail
If you still cannot locate the verification email in any of the above places, please reach out to Virtru support to see if the email bounced or was blocked.