When accessing a message in the Secure Reader, users may occasionally encounter an error during verification as Virtru verification emails are for one-time use, have expirations, and are both browser and device specific.
One such error reads "There's something wrong..." and can occur for a variety of reasons. Most commonly, users encounter this error when switching machines or clearing the browser cache during the verification process.
Steps to Troubleshoot
If the above error is encountered, it is suggested to restart the verification process from scratch:
- Delete all verification emails from email@example.com and/or verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each "X" being a digit).
- Click Unlock Message in the original email from the sender.
- Select or enter the applicable email address that received the secure message.
- If prompted, use the Or sign-in with a one-time verification link verification option.
- Open this new verification email on the same device and browser from which it was requested.