When accessing a message in the Secure Reader, users may occasionally encounter an error during verification that states, "your verification link has already been used." Usually, this error occurs because Virtru verification emails are for one-time use, have expirations, and are both browser and device specific. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below to restart the verification process and generate a new link.
Steps to Troubleshoot
If the above error is encountered, a user will need to request a new verification email. We recommend you restart the verification process from scratch:
- Delete all verification emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and/or verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each "X" being a digit).
- Click Unlock Message in the original email from the sender.
- Select or enter the applicable email address that received the secure message.
- If prompted, use the Or sign-in with a one-time verification link verification option.
- Open this new verification email on the same device and browser from which it was requested.