Before you can send and receive Virtru emails from Outlook, you'll need to install our Outlook add-in.
- Visit our downloads page on a PC; scroll down to "Virtru for Microsoft" and click "Download".
- Click to launch VirtruForOutlookInstaller.msi.
- When prompted, give your permission to run the installer by clicking "Run".
- The installation will run and launch Outlook automatically when complete.
- Once Outlook opens, you'll be prompted to activate your Virtru add-in. Click "Authorize Me" to begin.
- During the activation process, we'll send an email to your address; your Virtru add-in will search for this email in your inbox.
- When the email is found, Virtru will automatically delete the email and complete activation. Click "Next" for a brief walkthrough of your new Virtru features.
- If your activation does not complete in a few minutes, please see the troubleshooting information here.
You may occasionally be required to reactivate your Virtru extension under the following circumstances:
- You've cleared your registry
- Your Virtru activation status has expired. For security purposes, Virtru will invalidate your activation status every
- 120 days for users accessing their own mailboxes.
- 10 days for users accessing shared or delegated mailboxes.
If you do need to reactivate, you can do so following the steps above or the reactivation steps below.
- Click on the Virtru tab at the top of your outlook window and select "Debug log"
- Click on the "Debug Commands" tab and select the "reset registry" option
- Click "Yes" and then "Ok" to confirm the changes
- Click on "Authorize Accounts" in the Virtru tab to manually follow the authorization steps again (see Activation above)