Occasionally, the Virtru for Microsoft Outlook add-in may take extra time to complete activation. If this happens, the activation modal will display a "Still activating account with Virtru..." message:
This behavior occurs when Virtru is unable to complete the authorization process. During this process, Virtru will send an activation email to the user's email address that the Virtru add-in will search for in the main Inbox. When found, Virtru will automatically delete the activation email and complete the process.
If activation has stalled, here are some troubleshooting steps to help complete this process:
- Make sure you are receiving the activation email. This email will be delivered by email@example.com. If you are unable to locate the activation email, please contact your IT administrator to troubleshoot.
- Make sure the activation email is in your main Inbox folder. By default, Virtru will only search your main Inbox for the activation email and not any nested subfolders. If this email lands in a folder other than your Inbox, you will need to complete one of the following:
- While the add-in is still attempting activation, drag the email into your main Inbox folder
- When you see the "Still activating account with Virtru..." modal , check Search all accounts for activation emails and Search subfolders of Inbox and Junk for activation emails to expand the search radius and select "Try Again".
- Alternatively, to begin the activation process with an expanded search radius, click on the Virtru tab in the main Outlook Menu bar and select Options > Account Activation.
Select the appropriate email addresses and, at the bottom of that window, check the boxes for both Search all accounts for activation emails and Search subfolders of Inbox and Junk for activation emails. Then, click Activate Selected to begin the process.
If you have completed these steps and Virtru is still not able to authorize, please contact our support team and submit your Virtru Debug Logs:
- Click the Virtru menu in Outlook
- Select Debug Log
- Select Send Debug Log to Virtru
Submitting your debug logs will not automatically open a support ticket. If you do submit logs, please note this in your ticket or email to Virtru Support.