This functionality is not available for all customers. For more information and to request access, click here.
In this article, we'll show you how to use Virtru Secure Share so you can send files to anyone. This process covers how a Virtru customer can share files outbound. If you opened another user's unique Secure Share link, please reference the following: Share a Virtru Secured File without Virtru Installed.
Accessing Your Secure Share Page
1. Navigate to https://secure.virtru.com/secure-share/ and select Get Started
2. You will be asked to sign in. You may do so via your provider or a one-time verification link
If you selected the one-time verification link, you will receive an email from verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each X being a random digit). Select Verify me to complete the process
3. Upon successful verification, you will land on your personal Secure Share page. Select the Send Files tab.
If you need to request files from a colleague, follow the instructions here: Requesting Files via Secure Share
On the Send Files tab, in addition to sending files, you can include personalized messaging and specific security settings.
1. In the first section, enter your recipient(s).
Optional: Compose a brief note in the "Opening Message" field to provide context for your files. The "Opening Message" is NOT encrypted.
2. In the next section, you can add the files you wish to securely share. You may drag-and-drop them into the field or select add files to pick from your file finder. NOTE: File names will be visible in the unencrypted portion of the notification email
Optional: Compose an "Encrypted Message" to be included with your files.
While your files are still encrypting, they will say "Uploading..."
If you added an incorrect file, hover over the file and select Remove
You may also Remove All Files
File Size Limit
The file size limit is 1-2 GB per file based on buffering limitations of your device. This is a per file limit - you can share multiple files with combined totals exceeding 2 GB.
3. Optional: In the "Security" section, you can apply an Expiration Date, Watermarking, or Persistent File Protection to your files. Expirations apply to all files. Watermarking and PFP apply to all applicable files.
4. Once you have completed all applicable fields, select Share to securely share your files
If successful, you will see a "Your secure share was sent" confirmation message and will be directed to a page where you can manage access to your file.
Viewing and Managing Your Files
If you have securely shared files with another user, you will receive an email with a copy of your file(s). Select Manage Files to view and manage your content.
You may be asked to complete verification. Once complete, you will be directed to your secure content.
On this page you can:
- Hover over individual files to Download or View specific files
- Download All Files
- Revoke Access to all files
- Click the Security Settings gear to manage the Expiration Date, Watermarking, and Persistent File Protection
- Restore Access to previously revoked content