If you’re reading this, someone has requested files or you’ve been directed to a Virtru Secure Share page to protect and send documents. In this article, we’ll show you how to verify your identity and quickly share documents via Virtru Secure Share.
File Size Limit
Virtru's Secure Share supports sharing files up to 15 GB in size. This is a per-file limit and users can share multiple files with combined totals exceeding 15 GB.
Before you can share any files, you may need to verify your identity and log into the Secure Share portal with your email address.
1. Click the Send Files or Secure Share link
2. A new tab will open. On the sign in page, choose you sign in method. You may do so via your provider or a one-time verification link
If you selected the one-time verification link, you will receive an email from verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each X being a random digit). Select Verify me to complete the process
Upon successful verification, you will land on the "Securely Share" page
1. Once you are verified, you will land on the "Upload Files" page. You may drag-and-drop files or use the ADD FILES dropdown to select files from "My Computer" or "Google Drive" (for applicable users)
If you select "Google Drive," you may need to grant access.
First, select CONTINUE
You then need to select you account, review the access permissions, and select Continue when ready
This will allow you to select files from your Drive
If you uploaded the wrong file, you can Remove attachment or REMOVE ALL FILES
When you have added the files you wish to share, select NEXT
2. On step 2, "Secure," you have the option to apply "Expiration Date," "Watermarking," and/or "Persistent File Protection" security settings. When ready, click NEXT
3. On step 3, "Share," confirm the recipient
You may also include a message with your files. If you wish, that message can be encrypted, too
4. Before sharing, you may use the PREVIOUS button to review your selections. When ready, SHARE. You will then be directed to a confirmation page
Viewing and Managing Your Files
If you have securely shared files with another user, you will receive an email with a copy of your file(s). Select Manage Files to view and manage your content.
You may be asked to complete verification. Once complete, you will be directed to your secure content.
On this page you can:
View specific files
Download specific files
- Open the settings gear menu to modify the "Expiration Date," "Watermarking," and/or "Persistent File Protection" or REVOKE ACCESS to all files
RESTORE ACCESS to previously revoked content