If you’re reading this, you’ve likely received an email to view files protected by Virtru. This means the sender has elected to use Virtru to encrypt the files. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly access your secure files in the Virtru Secure Share website.
Before you can view any files, you will need to verify your identity and log into the Secure Share portal with your email address.
1. Click View Files in the email you received
2. You will be directed to the Secure Share page. Select Get Started
3. On the sign in page you land on, you can either sign in with your provider or via a one-time verification link
If you selected the one-time verification link, you will receive an email from verify+XXXXXXXX@virtru.com (with each X being a random digit). Select Verify me to complete the process
Viewing Secure Content
Once you are verified, you can see what files were shared with you and additional messaging from the sender.
You will be able to:
- Securely respond back to the sender by clicking Respond Securely
- Hover over a file to Download a copy (If a file is Watermarked or has Persistent File Protection, it can only be viewed and not downloaded.)
- Hover over a file to View the file in the portal (Not all file types can be viewed in the Secure Share portal. These will require download to be viewed locally)
- Download All Files