This article covers how to uninstall Virtru apps and plugins. Uninstalling and reinstalling is a good place to start when it comes to troubleshooting most common issues. In order to uninstall, select the product(s) you want to uninstall from the list below and follow the appropriate instructions.
If you need to reinstall Virtru after you complete the uninstall process, go to Installing and activating the Virtru email extension to find links to installation instructions for Virtru's products.
If your organization force installed Virtru in Chrome or Outlook, you will need to contact your internal IT admin to uninstall Virtru.
Uninstall Virtru Chrome Plugins (Gmail/G Suite and Drive)
All of Virtru's Chrome plugins can be removed on Chrome's Extensions page. Follow the steps below to uninstall Virtru.
1. Open Chrome > In the address bar type chrome://extensions > Hit enter
2. This will bring you to the Extensions page > Find the Virtru extension(s) you want to uninstall and click REMOVE > Click REMOVE on the pop-up that appears to confirm the uninstall
Uninstall Virtru Outlook Add-in (Desktop)
Virtru's add-in for Outlook desktop can be removed by using Programs & Features in your Control Panel. Follow the steps below to uninstall Virtru.
1. Close Outlook. To ensure Outlook is closed, go to the Task Manager > click End all Outlook Processes
2. Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features
3. Select Virtru > click Uninstall > select Yes to confirm
Uninstall Virtru iOS App
Virtru's iOS app can be removed just like any other iPhone or iPad app. The steps can vary depending on which operating system you are using. We recommend:
1. Go to Apple's Remove apps from iPhone help article
2. Select your operating system version via the Select version dropdown at the top of the article > follow the appropriate uninstall steps in the Apple article
Uninstall Virtru Android App
Virtru's Android app can be removed just like any other Android app. The steps can vary depending on your device and operating system. We recommend:
1. Go to Google's Delete or disable apps on Android help article
2. Follow the steps in the article to uninstall on Android 8.1 and up. If you are using an older version or are unsure of your version, the article includes a link that helps you Learn how to check your Android version