When a Virtru user sends an encrypted message, non-Virtru recipients will see an email with an Unlock Message button and an unencrypted introduction. The default text can be seen below in the "UNENCRYPTED INTRODUCTION" box.
However, individual users can apply their own introduction to all messages they send or just specific emails on a one-time basis. This is a useful way to provide additional context to the non-Virtru recipient so they know what to expect once they verify their identity and decrypt the message. In this article, we will walk you through how to configure personal introduction messages for your emails.
If your organization has purchased a subscription with custom branding, your team may have set up a custom Unlock Message template that shows your organization's logo, branding, and messaging instead of the default message in the screenshot above.
If you are an administrator looking for assistance configuring a custom Unlock Message template for your entire team, please contact your Customer Success Manager or contact support.
Configure a Personal Introduction for All of Your Secure Messages
As a Virtru user, you can decide to create your own unencrypted introduction that will apply to all secure emails that you send. This will replace the Virtru default text and custom text from your team's template and is managed in your Dashboard:
1. Log into the Virtru Dashboard.
2. Open the Personal Settings section.
3. On the General tab, enter your new introduction in the Personal Introduction field.
4. Click Save when finished.
Reset to Virtru Default
1. If you wish to go back to the default Virtru language, select Reset to Default under the entry box
2. Click Save.
Reset to Team Default
1. If your organization has configured custom messaging and you wish to go back to the team language, delete all text from the entry box and leave it blank.
2. Click Save.
Configure a Message-Specific Personal Introduction
Even if your team has default language or you have configured your own default introduction in the Dashboard, in Gmail and Outlook, you can still create a one-time unencrypted introduction for a specific email. This will override any default introduction message for the specific email. It will not affect your introduction for any other emails.
1. Open a new draft and toggle Virtru ON.
2. Select Personal/Personalize Introduction.
3. In the entry box that appears, add your desired one-time introduction (and in Outlook, APPLY TO CURRENT EMAIL).
4. Compose the rest of your message and Send.