These settings are individual user settings. This introduction will not apply to the entire organization. To customize messaging for your whole organization, contact Virtru.
Unencrypted Introduction for all your Virtru secure emails
When a recipient (without the Virtru extension) receives a Virtru email, they'll see either your organization's custom message template or if you don't have one, Virtru's default recipient template.
(Virtru default template)
You can change that default text in the recipient template to a message of your choosing via the Admin Dashboard following the steps below:
- Log into the Virtru Dashboard.
- Under the Personal section, select Settings
- Enter your new introduction in the Personal Introduction field.
- After entering your introduction, save your changes via the "Save Changs" button at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, if you use our browser extensions, refresh your webmail page. If you use our Outlook add-in, quit Outlook and relaunch the application to pull in the changes.
(Personal introduction field)
One-time unencrypted introduction
After you've set your personal introduction to apply to all Virtru secure emails, you can still always create a one-off unencrypted introduction for a specific email when composing a secure email. This will overwrite the custom personal introduction for that email only.
In Outlook, after you select New Email and toggle Virtru on, click on "Personalize Introduction". A new window will appear where you can type in a one-time introduction for that specific secure email.
In Gmail, after you click Compose and toggle Virtru on, click on Personal Introduction. Then, you may type your introduction above the blue dotted line.