If you're using our browser extension for Gmail or our Outlook desktop add-in, you have the ability to set a default On/Off encryption state for Virtru. When you compose a new message, Virtru will always be in the configuration you've selected. Options include:
- On: Virtru will default to the "On" position for every new message.
- Off: Virtru will default to the "Off" position for every new message.
- Last Setting: Virtru will reflect the state it was in when you sent your last new message.
Admins can control team default states in the Organization Settings page.
Configuring Your Default State
If you are an individual Virtru user and your administrator has granted you the necessary permissions, you can change your default Virtru state by following the steps below.
1. Log into the Virtru Dashboard and navigate to the Personal Settings section.
2. Select the Defaults tab and choose your desired default Virtru state from the drop-down. Changes should save automatically.
In some cases, your administrator may have disabled the ability for you to override the encryption state. If this is the case, the drop-down will be locked on the option set at the administrator level and you will see a note that reads "Your organization has disabled changing this setting."