This article details the various administrative privileges that are assigned to Virtru super administrators.
Super Administrator Privileges
A Virtru Super Administrator has the ability to manage users and change organization-wide settings. If your organization has synced a G Suite with Virtru, Super Administrators will also be able to refresh the sync with Virtru.
Their privileges include all of the following:
- Edit Permissions - The ability to promote other users into admins or, if synced, grant specific privileges to user.
- Manage DLP Rules - The ability to create and modify DLP rules for the team.
- View Secure Metadata - The ability to view the Organization Email and Files pages and associated data.
- Revoke Secure Access - The ability to control access for secure policies created by other users on the team.
- Edit Secure Settings - The ability to modify Security Settings for secure policies created by other users on the team. This includes enabling or disabling settings such as expiration date and disable forwarding.
- Decrypt Secure Content - The ability to decrypt any content via an administrative interface (e.g., Google Vault, Data Protection Toolkit) created by other users on the team even if they are not an intended recipient. This privilege will also grant decryption access to any secure messages that their team has received from an external party (for which access has not been revoked by the sender). NOTE: Only metadata is secured in the Virtru Dashboard and NOT secure content.
Assigning Individual Privileges
If your organization has synced a G Suite or an Active Directory with Virtru, Super Administrators will be able to selectively grant the above individual privileges to non-Super Administrators on the team and, if necessary, scope permissions to specific OUs or groups.