When using Virtru, you can fully control all aspects of any secure email sent using the system — both before and after you send it. This ranges from message encryption, to revoking a secure message you already sent with Virtru.
Virtru allows you to revoke and reauthorize secure emails any time you wish. You can even granularly revoke access to someone your email has been forwarded onto (if you didn’t disable forwarding on your original secure email). See how below in one of our videos, or in our step-by-step instructions.
See Virtru’s Revoke feature in action for Gmail:
See Virtru’s Revoke feature in action for OWA for Office 365:
Revoking Access from Your Sent Mail Box
1. To revoke an email, begin by opening the Virtru-secured message in your sent mail box. (*Please note that if the email was not secured with then none of Virtru’s features, including revoke, will not be available.)
Example In Gmail:
2. Click the red hand icon located at the top right of your toolbar. A red outline will now surround the body of the email, indicating that you have revoked access to all recipients.
Example in Gmail:
Example in Outlook:
Once revoked, this is what your recipient will see. The email still displays in the inbox, but the content of the email has been revoked:
3. And it is just as easy to reauthorize access. Simply click the blue eye icon which replaced the revoke button.
Revoking Access from Your Virtru Dashboard
In addition, if you visit your Virtru Dashboard, you even have the option to selectively revoke access to individual recipients of your email.
1. Simply select the email you wish to revoke.
2. Click the revoke button next to the recipient’s email address in the forwarding tree.
And again, access to your Virtru-secured emails can be revoked (or reauthorized) at any time – even after emails and files have been shared or opened. That’s it, you’re all set!