Virtru makes it easy to protect your emails. Encrypting your messages requires on a few simple clicks.
- Make sure that Virtru is installed and activated.
- In Gmail, click Compose.
- You should see the Virtru bar at the top of the Compose window. If it is OFF, click the toggle to turn it ON.
- Compose your message, adding Recipients, a Subject, the body of your email, and any relevant attachments.
- If you wish, you can select the gear icon to set additional Security Options for the message, including Disable Forwarding, setting an Expiration Date, or applying Watermarking to attachments.
You can also set a one-time, unencrypted personal introduction for the message to either introduce Virtru to new users or provide some context about the email.
Once you click Personal Introduction, you will see the section expand to allow you to input your content.
Special formatting not supported
The Personal Introduction only supports plain text and line breaks.
- Once your message is ready and applicable settings are in place, just click Secure Send.
You will see a brief animation, then the message will encrypt and send!
If your recipients have Virtru, the message will decrypt in their mailbox. If they are not Virtru users, they can access the message in our Secure Reader.