Installing & Activating Virtru for Gmail & G Suite in Chrome
Before you can send and receive Virtru emails in Chrome, you will need to install and activate the Virtru plugin for Chrome from the Chrome Web Store. This guide will show you how installation, activation, and reactivation of the Virtru plugin works.
- Visit our downloads page and click "Add to Chrome"
- You will be redirected to the Chrome Web Store, directly to the link for 'Virtru Email Protection for Gmail'. On this window, click "Add to Chrome"
- When prompted, click "Add extension"
- We'll let you know when your installation is complete if you don't currently have Gmail open
- If you do have Gmail open in another tab, we'll automatically refresh the page for you to load the extension.
- If you already had Gmail open and logged in when you installed Virtru, you'll be prompted automatically to activate. If you did not have a browser with Gmail open and logged in, log in to Gmail and click on 'Compose' to begin the activation process.
- In your Compose window, slide the Virtru toggle to the On position.
- Click the "Activate" button to complete the activation process. A new tab will briefly open, then close automatically.
- You're now ready to send secure email with Virtru!
You may occasionally be required to reactivate your Virtru extension under the following circumstances:
- You've cleared your browser's cache.
- Your Virtru activation status has expired. For security purposes, Virtru will invalidate your activation status every
- 120 days for users accessing their own mailboxes.
- 10 days for users accessing shared or delegated mailboxes.
If you do need to reactivate, you can do so following the steps above or at the link below.
Reactivating the Virtru Extension