The template below is designed to be sent to end-users in your organization who will be using the Virtru plugin to send and read emails and/or files. Notifying your end-users is a critical step in the installation process - which our Gmail Installation Overview and Outlook Installation Overview cover in more detail.
Anything in [BRACKETS] is a note or instruction for you. Be sure to delete the bracketed text and any other unnecessary sections prior to sending it to your end-users.
Email for Users
Subject: Virtru - New Tool for Email Encryption
I want to introduce you to Virtru, a new tool that we will be using to encrypt emails and attachments. As someone who is sharing sensitive information as part of your daily job, it’s critical that you follow the steps below to complete activation of Virtru.
Who is Virtru?
Virtru is a leading email and file encryption provider that will help us protect sensitive information to ensure our organization stays safe and compliant with various regulations.
What are the benefits?
With Virtru, you’re able to send and read encrypted messages and attachments without ever leaving your inbox—and without your recipients downloading any software or creating any passwords. In addition to its ease of use, it will also allow our organization to:
- Meet compliance requirements and avoid potential penalties.
- Reduce the risk of data breaches.
- Have the freedom to collaborate with confidence and productively share data in the cloud.
- Maintain control of our data, and see who’s accessing and interacting with it.
[We recommend customizing the benefits section and sharing your organizational goals around data privacy and security with your end users].
Your Next Steps:
You will receive an invite to join our Virtru team in the next few days. Please start by accepting the invitation. Next, you will want to follow the instructions to download the appropriate plug-in from the Virtru website. Once the plug-in is downloaded on your machine, please follow these instructions to activate Virtru.
- Visit the Virtru for Users section of their Support Page to access detailed help articles.
- Learn how to Send a Virtru-Encrypted Email in Gmail OR Send a Virtru-Encrypted Email in Outlook.
- Use this email template to alert any recipients you’ll frequently be sending Virtru emails.
Please let me know if you have any questions.