There are two parts of the installation process for the Secure Share for Zendesk app. To start, you need to install the app via the Zendesk Marketplace. Then you need to generate an API token and send it to Virtru. Once you do, Virtru will process your request within 1-2 business days. Once complete, your users can then leverage the Secure Share app in Zendesk!
Detailed installation instructions can be found below.
Zendesk App Install
1) Find the Virtru Secure Share app in the Zendesk marketplace and click Install.
2) Select the Zendesk tenant you wish to install the app to.
3) Select if you want to restrict this app to any user/group/role within your organization. Then click Install.
Click here to view more detailed Zendesk's instructions for creating an API Token.
1) First, go to your Zendesk Admin Center, then click Apps and integrations. Then in the sidebar select APIs > Zendesk APIs. From here you will first need to make sure “Token access” is enabled.
2) Click “Add API Token”, give it a description of “Virtru Secure Share” and click “Copy” to store that token in your clipboard. Then click Save.
3) Click this link to securely share this token with the Virtru Secure Share team. In the “Encrypted Message” section of this link be sure to include the following information:
- The API token you just created.
- The email address associated with your Zendesk Full Admin account.
- The Zendesk tenant you wish to enable this for. Your tenant is your Zendesk subdomain. For help determining your subdomain, please view this article.
- Click Share
4) Our staff will then process your request and you will receive an email with confirmation or additional information. This can take anywhere from 1-2 business days.
Your users are now all set to both securely share and request sensitive information from anyone without ever leaving Zendesk!
If you encounter any trouble during this process, please email contact Customer Support.
Don’t forget to send out the following training documentation to your users!