This article covers how to install Virtru at the domain level via the Virtru Marketplace app. By installing Virtru at the domain level, your entire Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) organization will be synced with Virtru and your users will gain the ability to read secure messages sent to alias and group addresses. You'll also grant Virtru admin status to all Google Super Admins for your domain.
If you plan to sync users as part of the Gmail Installation Process, please note, you will still need to separately deploy or have your users manually install the plugin.
This process must be carried out by a Google Super Admin.
If you have purchased licenses for only a subset of your users/organization, then you need to implement a provisioning group prior to completing the domain level sync via the steps below.
Steps to Install
1. Open an Incognito window in Chrome. This ensures you'll only be logged into one active Google session. Optional but highly recommended.
2. Navigate to your Google Admin Console and log in with your Super Admin account.
If your team has been using Virtru without a sync, before proceeding, make sure your Google Super Admin account is a member of the Virtru team. If not, please add them to the team or use a different Google Super Admin account that is on the team before moving to Step 3 to perform the sync.
3. On the main Admin Console page, select Apps.
4. On the Apps page, select Google Workspace Marketplace apps.
5. On the "Domain Install Google Workspace Marketplace apps" page, select Add app to Domain Install list. This will open a new tab.
6. Search for and select Virtru Data Protection for Google Workspace.
7. Click Admin install.
8. When prompted, click CONTINUE to begin the installation. A new window will open.
We do not currently support installing Virtru Data Protection for Google Workspace app to only certain groups or organization units. This limitation does not apply to deploying the browser plugin or assigning licenses via a provisioning group.
10. Click Next to move past the first of two "Success" modals.
If the prompt fails to appear or you dismiss it, you can refresh from the Virtru Marketplace app's page:
In Google admin, head to Apps > Google Workspace Marketplace apps > Virtru Data Protection for Google Workspace. Click Go to Virtru Data Protection for Google Workspace for setup in the "Settings" section:
11. In step 2 of 2, click Complete additional setup now to begin syncing your domain's user list with Virtru. If prompted to sign in with Google again, use your same Super Admin account.
12. While syncing, you will see a waiting screen.
When complete, you'll see a success screen showing the number of users, groups, and aliases we've found in your domain. You're done!
Optional: If you click NEXT, INSTALL VIRTRU, you will be directed to a page with links to some of our plugins and apps.
You can also select I already have Virtru installed for a template to introduce Virtru to your team.
When finished, you can click DONE! GO TO CONTROL CENTER to begin managing your team.