This article will walk you through Virtru Private Keystore (for Virtru Solutions) - upgrade options, depending on the version of CKS that you have installed you can follow one of the steps below:
Recommended Steps(Version 1.4.0 or newer)
- Navigate to your Virtru Private Keystore working directory
- Edit the docker-compose.yaml
- Update image tags for haproxy, cks, and rsyslog to the latest available version.
(Check our release notes to grab the latest version number)
image: virtru/haproxy:<newest tag>
image: virtru/cks:<newest tag>
image: virtru/rsyslog:<newest tag>
- Save and exit
- Bring down the running containers
- Check to make sure no other containers are running or stopped
docker ps -a
- Bring up the new containers
docker-compose up -d
- Once this process finishes verify that your containers are running
- Verify that your are able to decrypt one of your existing encrypted emails
- Once that is verified you are all set, repeat these steps on all servers in your environment if you are running more than one.
Steps (Version 1.3.6 or older)
Upgrading the Virtru Private Keystore (for Virtru Solutions) is very similar to a standard install except one must gather the existing:
- Rewrap Keys
- TLS Certificates
- HMAC ID
- HMAC Secret
The information can be obtained from other CKS instances or the local Virtru CKS.
Log into the Virtru Private Keystore (for Virtru Solutions) that will be upgraded. The user will most likely need to be elevated to manage items in the folder.
1. Complete backup of Virtru CKS
cp -r /var/virtru/cks .
2. Stop the running CKS
3. Perform a normal install
- Install Instructions
- Use the option to generate a self-signed certificate
- Use the option to generate RSA keys
4. Replace required files
cp /var/virtru/backup/cks/ssl/* .
cp /var/virtru/backup/cks/keys/* .
Copy the required values from your back up of cks.env "/var/virtru/backup/cks/env/cks.env"
Paste those values in your new cks.env
Any text editor can be used, nano is used for reference.