Customer Hosted: Relay for Google Workspace (Gmail)
If your organization uses a non-Gmail SMTP service, you can configure the SMTP relay service to route outgoing mail through Google.
If you are using Google Workspace, the Google SMTP Relay Service may be an alternative means for final message delivery. Please note that this service has volume limitations.
- Gateway Next Hop Host: smtp-relay.gmail.com
- Gateway Next Hop Port: 587
- SPF record contains IP/DNS of the public IP(s) of the Virtru Gateway
- In the Google Admin Console, navigate to the Apps section > Google Workspace > Settings for Gmail > Routing > SMTP Relay Service > Create your SMTP Relay Service
Create SMTP Relay Service
- Login into the Google Admin Console
- Navigate to Gmail under “Apps”
- Navigate to the Routing Section
- Navigate to the SMTP relay service section
- Select Configure
- SMTP Relay Service: Enter a description
- Allowed Senders: Any Addresses
- Authentication: Select “Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses”
- Select “Add”
- Enter a description
- Enter the IP address/range
- Ex: 126.96.36.199
- Check “Enable”
- Select “Save”
3. Encryption: Select “Require TLS encryption”
4. Select "Save"