In this article, we cover how to change or add Billing Contacts on your account. The designated Billing Contacts on an account are authorized to access the Virtru Billing Portal - which will allow them to make payments, view past invoices, and take other actions related to billing. These contacts also receive automated renewal and payment reminders.
There are two ways Billing Contacts can be adjusted or added to an account:
- By an existing Billing Contact via the Virtru Billing Portal
- By contacting Virtru directly and requesting the change
Before going into more detail, it is important to note the Virtru Billing Portal is completely separate from the Virtru system (including the Virtru Dashboard) and requires a separate password and login. By default, only the individual who purchased Virtru and any Billing Contacts on the account will be able to create an account and access the Billing Portal. From there, they can add additional Billing Contacts via the portal.
Manage Billing Contacts via the Virtru Billing Portal
If you are the existing Billing Contact for your account, follow the steps below to add and manage other Billing Contacts via the Virtru Billing Portal.
If you have never accessed the Billing Portal, you will need to create an account prior to completing the steps below.
1. Go to the Virtru Billing Portal and login
2. Click on Settings > Account Information > Contacts
3. Click the Add Contact button to add additional Billing Contacts. Alternatively, you have the option to edit or delete existing Billing Contacts by clicking the icons under each contact.
Manage Billing Contacts by contacting Virtru
Billing Contacts can also be added upon request by contacting Virtru Customer Support. The request must come from an existing Billing Contact or Admin listed on your account. From there, a Virtru Support Representative can make this change on your request.
Alternate Account Verification Process
We do offer an alternate account verification process in the event that your existing Billing Contacts and admins are unavailable to make or request this change. This alternate method requires a little more documentation work on your side - it is required to protect you and ensure that only authorized individuals are making decisions regarding your organization's Virtru account.
Please send Virtru Billing Support a written request in PDF format. The PDF must include ALL of the following:
- A quick note detailing the requested change.
- The domain(s) associated with the account
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The billing address for your organization
- Last 4 digits of the card on file (if applicable)
- Be written on company letterhead
- Be signed by a manager at your organization