Customers with Virtru for Drive subscriptions have various options on how to protect their Drive content. This includes the ability to enforce "Mandatory Encrypt" policies and block unencrypted content from being uploaded to Drive, even when the Virtru for Drive plugin is not installed or activated. Admins can designate certain Google groups as "Mandatory Encrypt" groups and enable a secure-only Drive experience.
Google Workspace Marketplace Application
The first part of Mandatory Encrypt configuration is installing the Virtru for Drive marketplace application (which is different from the Virtru for Drive Chrome extension).
If you have not been assigned a Virtru representative to assist with Drive installation, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Customer Support prior to completing the steps below. Action is required on the Virtru side to complete the installation.
1. Log into the Google Admin Console with a super admin account
2. Open the following link to the marketplace application in your browser: Virtru for Drive
3. Select DOMAIN INSTALL
4. Click CONTINUE
5. On the access configuration page:
- Under Turn ON for: you must select the top-level domain.
- Check the Terms of Service acceptance box
- Click Accept
6. The domain installation should now be complete! Click DONE to exit the prompts.
Apply the Policy
Once you have installed the Virtru for Drive Google Workspace Marketplace app, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Customer Support to complete configuration. You will need to include whether you wish to apply the policy to the entire Google Workspace or specific groups. If you are designating specific groups, please provide all applicable group addresses.