Please Note: This article only applies to users on the Virtru Android app version 3.0.2 or below.
With Virtru's newest Android app release (version 4.0.0), Android users will be unable to update their current app. Instead they will need to uninstall Virtru, then go to the Google Play Store to install the newest version of Virtru's Android app.
This is necessary because Google does not support some of the security updates within an existing app. As a result, Virtru has had to create a new app in the Google Play Store. The option to download the older version of the app from the Play Store will be completely removed.
The upgrades in the new app include:
- The option to authenticate using Gmail identity (OAuth)
- Users won't have to rely on IMAP as the Virtru Android app now supports Gmail API directly
- App specific passwords will not be required
- Additional security, compliance, and infrastructure updates
- The new app is FedRAMP compliant
Follow the instructions below to update your account and gain access to the newest version of the app.
How to Update the App
- Delete the current Virtru app on your Android device.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the newest version of the app.
- Follow these step-by-step instructions to complete the installation and activation process.