Virtru enables secure enterprise collaboration in Google Drive by providing end-to-end encryption and granular access controls to protect files uploaded to Google Drive. Virtru data protection offers an extra layer of security in G Suite that ensures corporate privacy and meets regulatory requirements.
This section will walk you through getting the G Suite Marketplace application installed for your organization.
G Suite Marketplace Application(s)
Virtru has two marketplace applications accessible through the G Suite admin console: the "Virtru Data Protection for G Suite" application, and the "Virtru for Drive" application.
The Virtru Data Protection for G Suite application has a domain sync feature built in which is recommended in order to use Virtru for Drive. This sync allows Virtru access to metadata such as OU, Group, and User lists which is recommended in order to process Drive access level controls.
The Virtru for Drive application is only needed if an organization wants to designate certain Google Groups as "mandatory encrypt" groups and enable a secure-only Drive experience.
Instructions for installing both applications are found in the next section.
Items to Note
- Virtru Required Endpoints must be allowed
- Virtru for Drive extension only supports Google Chrome
- Virtru for Drive supports Google My Drive and Team Drive
- Note: Team drive requires an additional service account to be setup. Please reach out to email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager to obtain instructions and more information for setting up this service account.
- Virtru for Drive supports all static file types (pdf, docx, jpeg, etc.)
- Virtru for Drive currently does not support collaborative formats
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides