Before you can manage secure files in Google Drive, you will need to install and activate the Virtru Drive plugin, which can be found in the Chrome Web Store. This guide will cover manual installation, activation, and reactivation of the Virtru for Drive plugin.
Virtru's Google Chrome browser extensions are compatible with the current and four (4) preceding versions of the Chrome browser. Virtru may still function with some versions of Chrome outside that range, but compatibility is not guaranteed or supported.
The rest of our system requirements are the same as those for the Chrome browser itself, found here. Scroll to See supported operating systems & system requirements for details.
1. Navigate to Virtru for Drive in the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click Add to Chrome.
3. When prompted, click Add extension
Once installation is complete, navigate to Drive to activate and begin protecting files.
1. Once Virtru is successfully installed, you will automatically be prompted to activate upon opening Drive. Select the Activate Virtru button to begin the activation process.
2. Another window should appear. Select your Google Account to sign in.
3. Click Allow to grant Virtru for Drive access to your account.
4. Activation will take a few moments, but you should receive a confirmation when "Virtru for Drive is ready!" Click Close to begin protecting you files.