Virtru enables secure enterprise collaboration in Google Drive by providing end-to-end encryption and granular access controls to protect files uploaded to Google Drive. Virtru data protection offers an extra layer of security in G Suite that ensures corporate privacy and meets regulatory requirements.
This Section will walk you through installing and using the Virtru for Drive Chrome Extension.
Google Chrome Extension
The Virtru for Drive Chrome Extension enables users to Encrypt and Decrypt files currently existing or being uploaded to Google Drive. The Encryption and Decryption process occurs in the browser so all files are in the expected state prior to upload or download. This extension is required to enable client-side encryption and decryption.
Items to Note
- Virtru Required Endpoints must be allowed
- Virtru for Drive extension only supports Google Chrome
- Virtru for Drive supports Google My Drive and Team Drive
- Note: Team drive requires an additional service account to be setup. Please reach out to email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager to obtain instructions and more information for setting up this service account.
- Virtru for Drive supports all static file types (pdf, docx, jpeg, etc.)
- Virtru for Drive currently does not support collaborative formats
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Virtru for Drive supports files up to 250mb
- If contents of the folder total more than 250mb combined we recommend encrypting the files individually.