If you are having difficulty accessing your Virtru app from your mobile device, IMAP may be currently disabled in your Gmail account settings. Since IMAP provides communication between your Gmail account and the email client on your mobile device, it must be activated in order to sync the account.
1. Using your computer, log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the Settings button (the gear icon) in the top right-hand corner.
3. Select the “Settings” option.
4. Select the tab labelled “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
5. Scroll down to the section labelled “IMAP Access”. If IMAP is disabled, the status bar will state, “IMAP is disabled.”
6. Click the bubble marked “Enable IMAP”, and then click “Save Changes”.
7. You will be redirected to your inbox. However, if you would like to confirm that IMAP is enabled, return to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab in “Settings”, and the status should now read, “IMAP is enabled.”