- Make sure you have set the Organization Admin Mode to 'ON' using the toggle on the left navigation bar.
- Select USERS from the left navigation bar.
- Select the user you would like to change. If their email is not listed you will need to add them first.
- Click Options > Grant Admin Access. To remove administrative access select Revoke Admin.
- Note: the user must both activate their Virtru plugin and accept the invitation (denoted by a green check mark) to be a Virtru admin before their access is approved
Please note that removing administrative access from a user does not remove their license. You will need to remove a user's license in order to fully remove them from your organization.
G Suite Synced
By installing Virtru at the domain level, Virtru's default behavior is to mirror your G Suite super admins when assigning Virtru admin status.
There are 2 ways to add new Virtru admins for G Suite synced orgs:
- Elevate a user in your G Suite to a super admin role (this change will take affect after your next sync refresh with Virtru).
- If you have the Enterprise Plus Platform subscription, you can have the default mirroring behavior removed from your team. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to have this setting enabled for your org.
Once this setting is enabled, all future admin controls will be managed manually. New G Suite super admins will not be automatically elevated to Virtru admin status. Please coordinate carefully with Virtru to get this setting enabled properly.
During the AD-Sync installation you will be required to set up a Virtru Users and Virtru Administrators group in your Active directory environment. To add additional Virtru administrators please make sure that your user is in both the Virtru Users and Virtru Administrators group. Once this is complete that users privileges will be elevated after the next sync.