Here’s a template welcome email that you can copy, paste, and send directly to your users.
Subject: New Email Tool for Encryption
I want to introduce you to Virtru, an encryption tool that we will be using to encrypt our emails and attachments. You can use Virtru to send and read encrypted messages without ever leaving your inbox – and without your recipients downloading any software or creating any passwords.
Follow a few quick steps to get started:
- [ADMIN SHOULD CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE OPTION BELOW AND DELETE THE OTHER]
- Download the appropriate Virtru plug-in from the Virtru website. Here are instructions on how to Install and Activate Virtru. When sending an email, make sure you see the Virtru options to ensure that you can protect the message.
- You may have notices that the Virtru extension has automatically been added to your machine. Once you open your mailbox, all you need to do is click the Activate button. When sending an email, make sure you see the Virtru options to ensure that you can protect the message.
- Check out the Getting Started section of Virtru's Support Page to learn more about using Virtru.
- Use the email template below to alert any recipients you’ll frequently be sending Virtru emails.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Your Friendly Email Admin
Subject: [COMPANY NAME]’s New Email Tool
Hi [YOUR RECIPIENT’S NAME],
Some of the emails I’ll be sending to you might look a little bit different going forward, and I want to let you know why.
We recently adopted Virtru here at [YOUR COMPANY’S NAME] to encrypt our emails and attachments. Virtru makes it easy for us to share sensitive information with you in a safe and compliant manner, and also for you to securely respond and add attachments without having to download any software.
Curious about what your recipients will experience when they receive a Virtru-encrypted email? Click this link to see how they can read and reply: https://www.virtru.com/read-and-reply/
[YOUR COMPANY’S NAME] has benefited from the easy protection Virtru provides. I hope you will, too.
Please email or call me with any questions.
[YOUR PHONE NUMBER]