The template below is designed to be sent to end-users in your organization who will be using the Virtru plugin to send and read emails and/or files. Notifying your end-users is a critical step in the installation process - which our Gmail Installation Overview and Outlook Installation Overview cover in more detail.
Anything in [BRACKETS] is a note or instruction for you. Be sure to delete the bracketed text and any other unnecessary sections prior to sending it to your end-users.
Email for Users
Subject: New Email Tool for Encryption
I want to introduce you to Virtru, an encryption tool that we will be using to encrypt our emails and attachments. You can use Virtru to send and read encrypted messages without ever leaving your inbox – and without your recipients downloading any software or creating any passwords.
Follow a few quick steps to get started:
- [THIS STEP ONLY APPLIES IF YOU MANUALLY ADDED USERS. DELETE THIS LINE IF YOU ARE A G SUITE OR AD SYNCED DOMAIN]. You will receive an invite to join our Virtru team in the next few days. Please start by accepting the invitation.
- [ADMIN SHOULD CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE OPTION BELOW AND DELETE THE OTHER]
- Download the appropriate Virtru plug-in from the Virtru website. Here are instructions on how to Install and Activate Virtru. When sending an email, make sure you see the Virtru options to ensure that you can protect the message.
- You may have noticed that the Virtru extension has automatically been added to your machine. Once you open your mailbox, all you need to do is click the Activate button. When sending an email, make sure you see the Virtru options to ensure that you can protect the message.
- Check out the Virtru for Users section of Virtru's Support Page to learn more about using Virtru and additional features you have access to.
- Use this email template to alert any recipients you’ll frequently be sending Virtru emails.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Your Friendly Email Admin