The Virtru app can easily be installed from the Play Store.
1. Select on the “Play Store” app within your device.
2. Within the app, tap the “Search” button (the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the screen).
3. Type “Virtru” in the search bar and then click the “Search” button for your device.
4. Select the app titled “Virtru: Simple Email Privacy”.
5. Within this page is displayed detailed information about the Virtru app. When you are ready to proceed, tap “Install”.
6. A window will pop up, explaining what the Virtru app will have access to. If you would like to continue, tap “Accept”.
7. Once the app has finished installing, you can access the app immediately by tapping “Open”.
8. The app will now be displayed on your device and can be easily accessed by clicking the Virtru icon.
9. To activate Virtru, click on the Virtru icon, on your device. First Virtru will ask you which email service you use. Choose your service.
10. Virtru will then prompt you to log into your email account. Fill out the necessary info and click “Activate”. (If you chose “Gmail”, your login page will look like this example on the left. If you chose “Other”, your login page will look like this example on the right.)
11. Once you’ve selected “Activate”, Virtru will verify your account. Once verified, Virtru will activate, and take you to your inbox.
And that’s it. You’re all set to start sending and receiving secure messages on your Android mobile device.