The Virtru app for Android allows you collaborate securely with contacts and other recipients when you're away from your desk. You can download the app and access your secure Virtru messages (and non-Virtru messages), and also send emails securely - all right at your fingertips.
Step 1: Installation
1. First, find Virtru in the Google Play Store
2. Tap "Install"
3. When the installation is complete, you can tap "Open" in Google play. Or tap the Virtru icon in your apps drawer to launch the app.
Step 2: Activation
In order to start using the Virtru on Android, you must first configure an email address to receive your emails on the app. The configuration and activation process steps are below.
1. When you have launched the app, pick an email service.
Need help figuring out which one to select? Here are some helpful tips:
- Gmail/Google apps -- If you are an individual Gmail user, or if you are using Gmail for work and your organization does not have a device policy/control in place (IMAP must be enabled)
- Exchange Activesync (or Google Sync) -- If you are setting up with a work, school, or other organization provided email, this will likely be the choice. This option connects to your exchange server using the active sync protocol. For G Suite accounts this will allow you to connect to G Suite using the Google Sync protocol. Some other clues are if your organization has a mobile device management (MDM) policy in place, or if some kind of approval is needed from an administrator to configure your email account on a third party app
- Other Email -- Anything that is not outlined in the previous options (IMAP must be enabled. Reach out to your email provider if you need help with this)
2. Depending on which option you selected, you will be prompted with the following options
You may choose to fill in the required information to allow Virtru to auto-discover your settings, or you may choose to enter your Exchange settings if you know them by tapping "Let me configure my email settings"
This option connects to any other type of account using an IMAP connection
3. Once you’ve selected “Activate”, Virtru will verify your account. Once verified, Virtru will activate, and take you to your inbox.
You’re all set to start sending and receiving secure messages on your Android mobile device!