If a user accidentally activates an email address with Virtru, there are two options to remove that activation. Either delete the activated email in the Window Registry Editor or delete all activated emails from within the Virtru Outlook plugin.
Option 1: Delete a single email address by using the Registry Editor
- From the Windows Explorer (Windows Menu), search for and open "regedit"
- Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > VIRTRU > APPIDS
- Right-click the email you wish to remove and select Delete
Option 2: Delete all activated emails by using the Reset Activations option in the Virtru Outlook debug menu
- Go to the Virtru menu from within Outlook
- Click Debug Log button
- Click Debug Commands dropdown
- Click Reset Activations (clears registry only)
Note that submitting your logs will not automatically open a support ticket for you. If you haven't already been working with a Virtru team member and require assistance, please contact our Support team.