If you're using one of our browser extensions for Gmail or OWA or our Outlook desktop add-in, you have the ability to set a default On/Off encryption state for Virtru. When you compose a new message, Virtru will always be in the configuration you've selected.
As a Virtru administrator, you have the ability to set the default Virtru state for your users, as well as specify if they should be able to override your selection or not. Here's how:
- Log into the Virtru Dashboard and ensure that Organization Admin Mode is set to On.
- Select Org Settings from the left-side menu.
- Select the default setting for your team's Virtru toggle:
- On: Virtru will be in the "On" position for every new message.
- Off: Virtru will be in the "Off" position for every new message.
- My Last Setting: Virtru will reflect the state it was in when you sent your last new message.
- Use the Allow users to override default? option to allow end users to change their own default settings.
- Don't forget to save your changes!
If you are an individual Virtru user and your administrator has granted you the necessary permissions, you can change your default Virtru state by following the steps below.
- Log into the Virtru Dashboard and select Settings.
- Select your desired default Virtru state. The different options are defined above.
- Save your changes.