As a G Suite administrator, you have the ability to force-install apps and extensions for your end users. Any extensions installed in this way will be available to your users when they log into Chrome with their G Suite credentials on any computer***. Here's how to force install:
- Log into the G Suite Admin Console with your administrator account; click Device Management.
- Select Chrome Management on the left-hand side.
- Select User & Browser Settings
- Select the domain or OU from the left-hand side for which you'd like to install Virtru.
- Ensure that 'Apply all user policies when users sign into Chrome, and provide a managed Chrome experience' is selected under the 'Chrome Management for Signed-in Users' heading.
- Select 'Manage force-installed apps' under the 'Apps and Extensions' heading.
- Choose Chrome Web Store; search for "Virtru" and click Add.
- Save your changes - you're done!
Virtru will only be installed when the user logs into the Chrome browser with their G Suite account. Virtru will NOT be automatically available if the user simply navigates to gmail.com to log in without having logged into the browser itself.