In addition to allowing users to manually encrypt content, Virtru can be configured to warn users to encrypt messages or automatically encrypt messages based on the contents of an email or other attributes of the message.
Upon hitting the Send button, you may occasionally see Virtru automatically encrypt your email even though you had set encryption to off. If you do, then some of your account's Virtru DLP (Data Loss Prevention) rules have been configured to auto-encrypt certain messages.
If it is unclear which rule is being triggered to cause auto-encryption, the Validation Report on the Virtru Control Center’s Emails page will show which rules were triggered by that email.
1. Log in to the Virtru Control Center
2. Navigate to the Emails page
3. Click on any email in question. That will bring up a metadata menu window on the right side of the screen with policy information.
4. Expand the Validation Report section at the bottom. This will display what rules were flagged and what actions were taken. Look for any rule that reads "Email Encrypted"
5. If you are not a Virtru team admin and you would like more details on this rule or would like to request a modification, please speak with your Virtru admin.
If you are a Virtru admin and you wish to make a change, the action associated with that rule can then be adjusted accordingly in the Email Rules page of the Control Center. For instance, changing the rule to “Warn” will instead highlight the content that’s being flagged and give the user the choice of encrypting before sending. More information can be found in the Managing DLP rules in the Virtru Control Center article.