There are a few scenarios that can lead to Virtru causing an error upon your hitting Send. If you've encountered the error above or an "Unknown Error", please check the following items:
- Any third-party extensions you're running; specifically those that act on or in the Gmail interface.
- If another extension adds extra functionality to the Gmail Compose window, it may be interfering with our ability to run DLP on the outgoing message or executing a process that's conflicting with our encryption. Try temporarily disabling any such extensions, refresh Gmail, and try to send again.
- Please note, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee compatibility with any third-party extensions. As Virtru and other extensions are built without the other in mind, they may hook into some of the same elements in Gmail, causing interference.
- Your firewall settings.
- In order to encrypt your email, the Virtru extension in your browser needs to communicate with our servers. If you're running a firewall or other network security tool that could be blocking access to one or more of these endpoints, you'll need to have your IT admin whitelist the URLs found here before you'll be able to send or decrypt secure email.
- Your Activation Status.
- If your Virtru AppID - your unique identifier associated with you and your Virtru extension - has been expired or invalidated, you won't be able to send or read a secure email. You may also encounter issues sending unencrypted emails since the DLP check associated with your account will fail. Instructions for reactivating and generating a new AppID are found here.
- Once you have the Console log open in the same Chrome tab
- Navigate to https://gmail.com and try the action again
- Take a screenshot containing both the Chrome Console log and the error/behavior
- Please send the screenshot to email@example.com